BE STRONGER< KINDER, WISER.....
Staff at Bright Beginnings each attend 14 hours of training for Circle of Security.
The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent or caregiver-child relationships can be supported and strengthened.
Using the COS-P model developed by the Circle of Security originators, staff have learned to:
- Understand a child’s emotional world by learning to read emotional needs
- Support a child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of a child's self esteem
- Honor the innate wisdom and desire for a child to be secure
The Benefits of Secure Attachment
June 2nd 2017
Information taken from Circle of Security International - see website below
When you close your eyes and picture your child as an adult, what does their life look like? Actually, take a moment and do this.... Picture your child as a 30-year-old. When you describe their life, what words would you use? Do you want them to be happy and fulfilled? Hardworking and persistent? Make a short list for yourself.
The characteristics of secure attachment are one of the most researched aspects of attachment. It has been studied for well over 50 years by many different professionals researching cultures from many different countries. Overall, the list says children who have a secure attachment will benefit from the following ways:
- They will feel more happiness and less anger at their parents
- They can solve problems on their own and ask for help when they are in trouble
- They have lasting friendships and get along better with their friends
- They have better sibling relationships
- They feel better about themselves and what they can contribute
- They are more protected against feeling hopeless or helpless about life
- They trust the people they love and know how to be kind
- They believe that good things will happen